Candle Making and Decorating Workshop
- Scovell Road, London, SE1 1QQ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Are you looking for something new and exciting? Maybe you want to learn a new hobby? Want to make handmade, unique gifts for your friends?
Join Naz for one of her amazing value workshops in candle making. On the half day workshop you will make and take home 4 candles that you will have made and personally decorated!
You will study how to use different waxes and scents to create spectacular candles and that's not all... Naz will also teach you 3 gorgeous way to beautify either the exterior of your candles or the containers in which you make the candles.
The workshop will focus on the following:
- Varieties of waxes
- Understanding wicks
- Health and Safety
- Colouring candles correctly
- Using fragrances correctly
- How to effectively ‘recycle’ candles
- How to make different types of candles, container, votive and tea light
- Beautification techniques – stamping, glitter, spraying, lace work, garnishing and much more…
You will depart the workshop with an incomparable assortment of handcrafted candles to proudly display or give away as gifts, as well as the knowledge and confidence to create countless more! In our opinion... TOTALLY worth it!
Please note: Due to the non-profit making nature of Naz's experience, booking details may change closer to the experience date. The events are always held in 1 of 2 places you will be sent both locations which are only a 5 minute walk from one another. BUT You will be notified of your location via email closer to the time!!
- A half day workshop in candle making
- Get to grips with all the features of candle making including dealing with a variety of waxes, scenting and colouring as well as decorating of candles
- Take home 4 handmade beautiful candles
Past Funzing Participants:
- Whilst Naz was lovely and full of knowledge I was really not happy with this workshop. Never was the location confirmed with me prior to the day - all the communications I received mentioned both locations. When I was confused about where to go, I called the "host phone number" twice and just got a generic voicemail message. There was no signage at the first location to direct me to go to the chapel - I had to ask strangers where to go! The itinerary of the workshop was not clear and I was surprised that the first hour was listening to Naz speaking before we actually got to do anything. Then there was close to 30 minutes unplanned break where Naz was tied up selling tea and biscuits.... what was the class meant to be doing during this time? My biggest complaint however is with the "quality" of candles I walked away with at the end of the session. A spray painted candle? A candle with tissue melted to it? I felt it was a very embarrassing and juvenile result for a £29 course. I would have preferred to spend the money on purchasing a shop made candle instead.
- Hi Claire, Please see above he email that was sent with full address details provided. Not really sure where the confusion with the venue location had come from. Whilst we are sad to hear that you have been unhappy with the experience with £6.20 per person we have been told many time that we offer the best value for money in the UK for candle making and decorating class. As promised in the advert you made a cupcake scented and decorated candle you learnt to patterns print, spray pat and carve and soy wax color paint. Its disheartening to hear you are unhappy however we wish to thank you for attending. As we explained we run the workshops for free and all proceeds go to cancer research thus thank you for the donation. Kindest Regards Naz
Book Your Spot