- Oxford Street, London, W1D
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
David Bowie is a legend, an icon, a mentor, an inspiration, an inovator, the Goblin King, a Starman, the Thin White Duke, a Space Oddity, the man who fell to earth, the man who sold the world...the man who changed the world.
His influence on not just music but fashion, film, art, pop culture, science fiction, the internet, celebrity and basically everything around us, cannot be measured...In 2014, Victoria and Albert exhibition about David Bowie was sold out and was the most popular exhibition in it's 162 year history...
Alison has decided to create a unique tour of Bowie's Soho...because like many British artists, he got his start on the backstreets of London's Soho. You will learn about and see:
- Where the picture for album cover for Ziggy Stardust was taken
- The location of the venue of Bowie's first London gig
- The original location of the Marquee Club, there are more than one, where Bowie and many others have performed
- How a Bowie themed club night changed London night life
- A stroll down Denmark Street, London's Tin Pan Alley and the cafe where Bowie met Bolan
- The studio where he recorded some of his most famous songs.
There will be some facts and trivia about other musicians including; The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Who, Elton John and the Sex Pistols, as they are an important part of Soho's music history too.A portion of the proceeds for this tour will kindly be donated to a cancer charity.
- Meet like-minded music fans
- Experienced tour guide
- Learn about David Bowie's early career
- Explore Soho from a unique perspective
Book Your Spot