- Saint Paul's Crescent, London, NW1 9XZ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
From May 2017 our courses will be tutored by Terry Vaughan, a turner of long experience who regularly teaches individuals at his own studio in north London. He is a real enthusiast for bowl-making and you can see some of his work on his website, turnedwoodenbowls.co.uk where he also offers lots of information about woodturning.
Our bowl-making classes are suitable for complete beginners. We take a maximum of ten people per session. You will be working in pairs, one supporting the other, taking turns to complete each stage in the production of your own bowl. Terry demonstrates the method before each step, then you work at your own pace with his guidance and supervision.
You will be amazed at what you can do in five hours even if you have never handled woodworking tools before. Having shaped your bowl inside and out the colour and lustre of the chosen wood are brought out by high-speed but traditional finishing techniques. At the end of a busy and enjoyable day, you will have made something of form and beauty.
The day begins at 11 and finishes at 4. It is best to bring a packed lunch and to wear clothes that wood chips won’t cling to or get inside. Long hair will need to be tied back. We have run more than 30 of these courses with many very positive reviews. Courses get booked up well in advance.
- All guidance, equipment and wood is provided
- Tuition by a very experienced turner and trainer
- Please bring your own lunch. Tea/coffee provided
- Suitable for able-bodied people only
- Your upper body will get sprayed with small wood chips
- No pets allowed
- You will take home something you can be proud of.
Book Your Spot