- Elmira Street, London, SE13
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Ayurveda is an ancient medical system of India over 5,000 years old, integrating the healing of body, mind and spirit through diet, lifestyle and rejuvenation.
The last few years has witnessed growing interest in how Ayurveda can provide insight into foods that suit and balance each individual, how to prepare and cook these foods properly and how to avoid combinations that will create toxins in the body.
By attending this workshop you will learn how a person’s unique combination of the doshas need to be in balance to maintain good health through the balanced condition of agni (digestion).
In the modern world we are accustomed to eating a number of foods that do not usually digest well together (like fruit with nuts, or beans with cheese).
The Ayurvedic perspective is that each food has a distinct combination of tastes and energies—and a corresponding effect on both the digestive system and on the body as a whole. Join us to learn more about this exciting way to consume your food!
- Confidence combining and making your own unique food combinations
- Ability to improve your own recipes, meal prep techniques and be creative
- Ability to prepare food, avoiding the usual pitfalls and using good quality, easily accessible ingredients
This workshop is primarily designed to help you understand the Ayurvedic principles for cooking. A range of foods will be prepared in class from a selection on this list:
Mixed vegetable subji
Mung dal kitchari
Cajun red beans
Spicy rice and potatoes
Tridoshic mashed potatoes
Fresh fruit salad
Indian rice pudding
- Complimentary healthy drinks throughout to keep you going
- Approachable and welcoming host team
- Clear and easy to understand demonstration
- A true understanding of Ayurvedic cooking techniques
- Your own food to take home
- Hands-on class with sound practical knowledge, great tips, and group discussions
- Overview of Ayurvedic philosophy of a healthy lifestyle from a trained nutritionists day yogi
- Recipes handed out in class and emailed to your inbox
- All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included
Book Your Spot£59 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event