Find more Unique Tours, Crafty Workshops and Foodie Heaven Experiences near you only on Funzing! Try it now!
Forensics Talk - The Psychology of Criminals
1763 guests joined
- The Foundling Museum, 40 Brunswick Square, Bloomsbury
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Suitable for: Adults
This Funzing Experience:
Join an experienced Forensics Lecturer to explore and gain insights into criminal behaviour, including:
- Is there such a thing as 'Natural Born Killers'? Jennifer will review the evidence for neuroscience, genetics and hormones having a role to play, including the scientific literature on what you can really tell about someone just by looking at them.
- Nature vs. Nurture? Should we blame the parents? Is porn to blame?
- Social Learning Theory - Monkey See, Monkey Do? Jennifer will explore this theory whilst considering mass murderers, school shootings and copycat killings.
- Criminal Minds – Hostile Attribution Bias and other 'criminal' thinking patterns.
- Control-Balance Theory – explore the cases of Jeffery Dahmer, Vlad the Impaler, Harold ‘Dr. Death’ Shipman, Ed Gein and corporate corruption.
- Rational Choice Theory – Learn about Angels of Mercy, John Hinckley Jr, and the infamous case of the Phantom Pooer!
- Exploring Other factors – the role of IQ (watch the Dating Game Killer in action), education, gender (and that time of the month!), the weather, and the effect of alcohol and drugs.
Join an experienced Forensics Lecturer to explore and gain insights into criminal behaviour, including: Is there such a thing as 'Natural Born Killers'? Jennifer will review the evidence for neuroscience, genetics and hormones having a role... Read More
- Experienced and dynamic lecturer
- Lecture includes interactive elements
- Beautiful, unusual and historical venue
Book Your Spot