Indian Vegetarian and Vegan Street Food Workshop
- Stratton Road, Bexleyheath, DA7 4AH
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Reeta's cookery class focuses on teaching healthy, delicious and balanced meals using simple and traditional techniques. Indian cooking is about the correct use of spices; when, why and how to use them to get great taste and their benefits while cooking.
The first 15 minutes will be spent on the introduction of Indian spices, herbs and lentils and different flours; India boasts an eclectic and delicious array of street foods.
At the end of the course, you will learn to cook Indian street food, which is easy to make and provides incredible snacking options, or can even be served as a main meal for the family. Learn to combine the sensational hot, sweet and spicy flavours and the crisp and silky textures in this fun, hands-on class.
Indian street food is advisable to eat freshly cooked as it tastes better so you will be eating one dish at a time just after cooking it, so make sure you feel hungry when you arrive. The first dish will be served within half an hour of arriving.
If you decide you do not want to eat here, please bring your own containers to take away the delicious food which you have cooked.
- You will learn to cook tasty bhelpuri (It is made of puffed rice, vegetables and a tangy tamarind sauce and hot chutney Bhel is often identified with the beaches of Mumbai).
- Sev poori (crisp flour biscuits topped with potatoes, chutneys,yoghurt , (for Vegan Soya yogurt) and crisp gram flour .
- Aloo Tikki Chaat (Potato cakes with a spicy chickpea curry and chutneys),
- Fruit Chaat (fruit salad with Indian spices)
- Two chutney coriander and Tamarinds. (dips)
- All recipes will be provided.
Book Your Spot£50 per ticket