- Exact online details will be provided after booking
You'll learn how to:
- Use new techniques including e-wrapping, fringing, cording, tucking, slip, weaving in and fair isle punch cards
- Knit cords which can be used with other techniques in your work or as yarn for hand knitting
- Create your own freehand punch card design to create pattern and texture in your knits. You will experiment with punch card designs for fair isle, tucking & slip stitch and weaving-in techniques.
At the end of the class, you'll have a collection of experimental swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors, accessories & trims.
Suitable for: Knitters who have completed our Beginner’s Machine Knitting Class or who already have a basic understanding of machine knitting skills and who want to expand their knowledge.
Duration of Class: 2.5 hours
Machines used: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tools, scissors, a ruler, set of pre punched (fair isle, tucking, slip stitch and weaving-in) cards, punch card clips and a puncher. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Book Your Spot£45 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event