- Exact online details will be provided after booking
Our Ribber Attachment Class will teach you how to create double bed fabrics and techniques with the ribber bed attachment. These techniques work particularly well for interiors & fashion.
You will learn how to:
- Knit more technical and challenging techniques
- Set up the ribber attachment on your knitting machine
- Cast on and off double bed knitting
- Set up rib structures and knit 1×1 and 2×2 ribs
- Use the racking technique and create movement in your work
- Create tubes using circular knitting
- Transfer double bed knitting to a single bed machine using a transfer tool
- Knit double bed fabrics and explore the possibilities of creating texture and patterns
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental double bed swatches, which can be further developed into your own designs.
Suitable for: Those who have completed our Advanced Class or who have a good grounding in intermediate knitting and want to take their skills to the next level.
Duration of Class: 1.5 hours
Machines used: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881, Ribber Attachment KR850.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single, double and triple prong transfer tools, a double eyelet transfer tool, 1/1 & 2/2 needle pusher, scissors and a ribber attachment and knitting accessories suitable for your knitting machine. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Book Your Spot£59 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event