Find more Unique Tours, Crafty Workshops and Foodie Heaven Experiences near you only on Funzing! Try it now!
- Beverley Drive, Edgware, HA8
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Suitable for: Adults /
This Funzing Experience:
In this friendly, interactive session, Nishma, Chef and Founder of Shambhu's, a vegan food company, will teach you how to make delicious, nutritious, low-oil and dairy-free versions of South Indian meals. All the items will be gluten-free by nature.Nishma is of Indian heritage, has been immersed in Indian culture all her life and is proud of it, and importantly loves making and teaching flavoursome and healthy plant-based food.
This class is run as a friendly interactive demonstration by Nishma, among a small group of fellow participants. You will therefore have a prime opportunity watch closely, take notes and feel free to ask Nishma questions as the class proceeds, so that by the end of the class you should be able to make the dishes yourself at home. Printed recipes for the items taught will be provided.
Although there might be optional hands-on opportunities to help with food prep tasks during the class, the idea is for you to maximise your learning by watching Nishma demonstrate the dishes, pick up valuable tips and ask questions along the way.
This class is ideal for anyone who wants to increase their intake of healthy plant fibre and learn about plant-based alternatives used to create traditional meals.
Although all the dishes will be vegan-friendly (and naturally gluten-free too), the class will be valuable and enjoyable for anyone interested in Indian cookery. Please inform the host in advance if you have any food allergies.
In this friendly, interactive session, Nishma, Chef and Founder of Shambhu's, a vegan food company, will teach you how to make delicious, nutritious, low-oil and dairy-free versions of South Indian meals. All the items will be gluten-free by ... Read More
- Learn about the use of fermented ingredients in South Indian cuisine.
- Learn how to use spices to create distinctive, authentic and healthy South Indian dishes without compromising on flavour.
- Learn about the nutritional value of the various ingredients being used.
- Opportunity to enjoy the dishes made at the class, and take away any excess.
- Complimentary tea/coffee during the session.
- Printed recipes for the dishes taught.
- All necessary materials provided.
- Meet fellow like-minded participants.
Book Your Spot