- Home >
- Tours & Walks >
- Abbey Road - the Beatles and Beyond! Virtual Tour
- Exact online details will be provided after booking
The iconic Abbey Road studios, the flagship of EMI's record empire in the 60s, is known around the world as the place where the Beatles recorded almost all of their hits. What is it like to visit this hallowed place? I did, on several occasions, and on this virtual interactive tour I will share my experience and give you the in-depth story of how this ordinary London town house became the cradle of rock music.
We will visit St John’ Wood - one of the wealthiest areas in London – and what the Beatles got up to around here.
You will learn the intimate details of how the Abbey Road album cover photo was taken on the famous crossing - please bring along your Abbey Road pictures to share if you've been on one of my tours before!
Did you know that you can see the famous crossing in real time? And that the album cover photo led to the rumour that Paul McCartney was dead? When you learn who else got up to naughty antics there, you'll never look at it the same way again!
Plus Paul McCartney’s London residence and where a chance encounter lead to Paul writing a very evocative song and many more fascinating facts and stories.
But it’s not only the Beatles – hear stories of Oasis, Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi, and even Glen Miller and Edward Elgar – Oh and there is also the ‘other’ St John’s Wood Studio that saw hits by Ultravox, Kim Wilde, The Smiths?
This is a live online tour, and that there will be a Q & A session at the end. It is a great opportunity to meet fans from around the world!
I am Richard Porter, author of the book Guide to the Beatles London; writer and presenter of The Beatles’ London’ DVD; and a guide of 30 years experience. I was the President of the London Beatles Fan Club for 10 years and was a former winner of the ‘Beatles Brain of Britain’ competition. I organised the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles crossing Abbey Road, and was on the committee that erected a blue plaque to commemorate the Beatles famous ‘Rooftop concert’ at 3 Savile Row. In short, I am Super Fanatical Beatles Fan!
- Well known and hidden Beatles places in London - whether you are a Beatles newbie or a Beatles geek, you will learn something new from this tour
- Brought to you by Richard Porter, professional Beatles Tour Guide of 30 years experience, world renowned Beatles expert and author, and the holder of the title BEATLES BRAIN OF BRITAIN
- Cannot travel to London? Our virtual tours will bring London to the comform of your own home, when you can find yourself in the Swingin’ 60s, when rock music ruled the world, and the Beatles were its kings.
- Dynamic and interactive online experience, combining pictures, videos, music, stories and memories in an hour of pure Beatles nostalgia
- Meet fans from around the world in a friendly chat room, and ask Richard everything you ever wanted to know about the Beatles!
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event