Action Women Run! Hackney Women's History Run Tour
- London, N16
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Action Women Run! Returning for an International Women's Day special, the original London women's history running tour with a difference is back. And in the Trump era, it's as relevant as ever. It's: #runtivism!
I love showing you brilliant stuff you had no idea was right under your nose here in East London. Mix that with the achievement of exercise and it's a great buzz.
100 years before Suffragettes, who was rocking Europe with her calls for equality? Why is this borough amazing? Dive into a river of Hackney activism that goes back hundreds of years and run for a good cause - your own fitness and physical empowerment and a statue of the writer/gender equalicist/war correspondent/educator/single mum/adventurer Mary Wollstonecraft. Proceeds go to the 'Mary on the Green' campaign and to Abney Park cemetery trust.
If you can jog 4k with breaks, from Stoke Newington (start) to Newington Green (where we end with a special surprise), you can handle this. Everyone is welcome to share an inspiring can-do story that goes beyond gender. Get the buzz of exercise, discover exciting East London history and support IWD2017 too.
Bring your friends. Run for you. Run for Mary. Run for good.
You'll be required to fill in a 1-page health questionnaire to make sure you're good to go :)
- Tour of historic socially progressive Unitarian chapel
- Free takehome beer from Living Wage pioneers Five Points Brewery
- Local history from Hackney Tours founder Simon
- Visit unique Abney Park cemetery - even better than Highgate?
- A safe planned run from a professional personal trainer
- Support MotG and Abney Park Trust
Book Your Spot