- Aldgate, LONDON, EC3A
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
The Japanese really know how to make lunch more delightful and treat its lunch box as a form of art! Would you like to give it go? What's more, would you like to learn traditional and healthy Japanese home cooking from a professional chef? Follow our chef Mayumi in this 2 hour class, you will learn exactly that! Not to mention, you will get to sit down and enjoy your lunch with a pairing drink of your choice, or take the bento home!
What is a Bento Box?
Even though "Bento Box" means "convenient lunch box", you can still take it seriously by turning it into a delightful and nourishing meal. A bento box normally covers all the essential food groups from grains, dairy, vegetables and fruits, to protein. You can then learn how to decorate this careful selection of food with creativity!
What kind of class is this?
This is a hands-on and fun-filled class! You will start from the basics! Chef Mayumi will show you how to make the perfect Japanese rice at home without a rice cooker. You will take the challenge to make Onigiri, and Tamagoyaki. Along with other colourful foods, you can start to decorate your bento box of the day!
Who is the chef?
Chef Mayumi is our expert Japanese chef with work experience at two Michelin stars restaurants in Tokyo and currently in London. With a mixed family background, Mayumi has rich knowledge in the taste profiles of Japanese, European and South American cuisines. Her understanding of food and her techniques with food will inspire you and take your kitchen skills to the next level.Read Less
What is the price?
Regular price: £69 / person
Soft launch special price: £49 / person
How long does it take?
- The estimated cooking time for the class is 1.5-2 hours.
- After class you will have time to enjoy the food in a separate dining area
What is included?
- A welcome soft drink at reception
- Make all the food on the menu in pair or group work
- Enjoy the food you cook and/or take home
- A pairing drink or authentic Japanese genmaicha with lunch
What you need to bring?
- A nice lunch box or a regular tupperware
Who can join?
- All are welcome! The class is suitable for all levels.
- You will be working in pairs or groups in the class. Your teacher can pair you up, or ask your friend, family or partner to enjoy this special experience together!
Book Your Spot£49 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event