Grab A Drink, Have A Sing! - Queen
- Upper Street, London, N1 1RQ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
So, you've always loved to sing?
You're forever warbling in the shower, humming while you do the washing up, or belting out a ballad in the car?
But you've never had the time to join a choir?
Here's the event for you!
In the chilled, friendly surroundings of The Dead Doll's House cocktail bar in Islington, you'll get to meet new people, learn some vocal tips and tricks, and belt out some classic pop tunes.
Each event is based around a particular artist. This time it's Queen!
About the host
James is a professional Musical Director with years of experience getting the best out of singers. He has performed in the West End and led singing groups at the Southbank Centre, Shakespeare's Globe and The Young Vic. He prides himself on creating fun and relaxed workshops, and on giving people confidence in their voice.
How it works
- We'll meet in the bar, grab a tipple of choice and get to know each other.
- Then it's up to the beautiful Ballroom to do a couple of quick warm ups and start off with an easy song to get everyone singing straight away.
- The Main Event: we'll explore three anthemic tunes by our featured artists. There'll be the opportunity to add some harmonies and sing solos for those who want to - it's all about creating our own sound!
- The Request Spot: Got a Queen song that you love? We've got a 15-minute slot for requests from the group. Throw yours into the mix and we'll sing it!
- Our evening finishes with a performance of the songs and a well-earned trip to the bar.
The sessions are paced according to the group's ability, and there's no music reading involved. Even if you've never sung in public before, this is a great chance to find your voice in a relaxed setting.
It's really uplifting to get together with a group of people and sing your heart out. Come and give it a try - you'll leave on a real high! Read Less
- Sessions lead by an experienced West End performer
- Learn some top vocal tips and warm ups
- De-stress after a tough working day
- Bond with your mates and meet some new friends too :)
- All lyrics and materials provided - just turn up!
Book Your Spot£15 per ticket
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event