- Home >
- Culinary tours and workshops >
- Learn to cook like Koreans
- Aldgate, LONDON, EC3A
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Do you know much about Korean food? Where can you start if you want to try out cooking some recipes at home? With its unique condiments and techniques, Korean food offers spicy, bitter, sour, sweet and tangy flavours to delight every bit of your taste buds. Follow our professional Chef Yoon Hur in this 2 hour class, you will learn exactly how to create these flavours! Not to mention, you can sit down to enjoy fabulous dinner you make with a drink!
What are the recipes?
Quite a few! That's why it's a team work class! With the hero of the dinner being Korean BBQ and a vegetarian version of Korean spicy noodles, you will also make a few healthy side dishes called Banchan in Korean.
What kind of class is this?
This is a hands-on class, and a team work class! It starts with our chef Yoon's introduction to the Korean pantry. You will learn about basic Korean seasoning, typical condiments and ingredients, and some interesting history comes with it. Then you will work in pairs to explore the recipes to make a tasty traditional Korean dinner with a variety of main dishes and banchan.
Who is the chef?
You've got a great teacher! Korean Chef Yoon Hur, a former city lawyer turned professional Chef, is a graduate from Leiths School of Food & Wine. She grew up as a third culture kid in Seoul, Hongkong and London. You will discover so much more about Korean food, culture and history with her fascinating stories.Read Less
What is the price?
Regular price: £79 / person
Soft launch special price: £59 / person
How long does it take?
- The estimated cooking time for the class is 1.5-2 hours.
- After class you will have time to enjoy the food in a separate dining area
What is included?
- A welcome soft drink at reception
- Make all the food on the menu in pair or group work
- Enjoy the food you cook and/or take home (please bring your own tupperware)
- A glass of wine or some Korean soju to pair with dinner
Who can join?
- All are welcome! The class is suitable for all levels.
- You will be working in pairs or groups in the class. Your teacher can pair you up, or ask your friend, family or partner to enjoy this special experience together!
Book Your Spot£59 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event