- Brockley Road, SE4 2AG
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
This is a 12-hour-course running over SIX 2-hour evening sessions or TWO Saturdays (6 hours each day) depending on which you book.
The courses starting from the 8th October (Saturday) will be on:
- Saturday 8th & 15th October 10.00 - 17.00 (with an hour for lunch usually 13.00 - 14.00)
Learning to sew doesn’t have to be so formal! We’ve developed this course to take you from being a sewing novice to making your own useful, comfy and casual items of clothing. These gender-neutral items mean anyone can begin to create their own comfortable wardrobe.
Who is this class for?
- This course is suitable for complete beginners who have never used a sewing machine before
- or those who have basic knowledge but want some practical clothes making guidance or simply want to learn different skills.
You can work at your own pace, we have plenty to keep you occupied whatever your level. We know clothes making can seem like a daunting prospect at first but it's easy when you know how! It gives you the opportunity to be unique and creative with your style. It's a great way to relax and unwind, make new creative friends and you can become part of the growing Make Mee Community.
Trouser Pattern includes sizes:
- XS 94cm hips - 2XL 145cm hips
Top Pattern includes sizes:
- 2XS - 72cm, 28" chest to - 4XL - 130cm, 51" chest
If you fall outside of these size ranges please get in touch and we can make a bespoke pattern for you.
Materials + Equipment
- We have a selection of fabrics and trims in the studio which you can purchase from us.
- If you would like to bring your own fabric we will send you fabric details when you book the course. You will need roughly 1.5 - 2m of one non stretch fabric for your trousers and the same in stretch for your sweatshirt.
We will be starting with a loose fitted pair of trousers or shorts, these could be pyjamas or for lounging around in, or smarter trousers with an elasticated waist. You’ll learn how to measure your body, (optional buttonholes & pockets if you are more of an advanced beginner), casings, hemming and more.
Then we’ll take you through sewing stretch materials and you will tackle making a raglan sleeve sweatshirt, hoody or t-shirt, the choice is yours. You can even add pockets and your own customisation.
Book Your Spot£175 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event