- London, SE1
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
On this walk you will discover the first London, Londinium. It grew from a small military outpost to be the greatest Roman town this side of the Alps. Along the way it suffered destruction, plagues and fires but each time came back stronger.
Little was known about the people who lived there until recently. New archaeological finds are transforming our knowledge.
We will walk along Roman roads and see how they built temples, houses and businesses. We will visit the Amphitheatre, hear the clash of swords, find graves and mosaics and hear stories of who these people were.
Here, among the modern skyscrapers you will see how the Roman influence still endures.
To understand London, you need to know where it came from, it starts with Roman Londinium.
Your host, Andi, is an experienced guide with many years of experience. He loves London history and has a passion for bringing these human stories to life.Read Less
- A walk through the City of London to see how London began.
- Hear how the Romans lived and see where they built houses and temples.
- Explore the Amphitheatre, hidden under the Guildhall Yard.
- Visit the Temple of Mithras.
- Learn new insights from recent archaeology.
- Finish with a look at the artifacts that illustrate this story in the Museum of London
Book Your Spot£15 per adult, £7 per child (age 2-16)
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event