- Exact online details will be provided after booking
This course is an immersive and in-depth introduction to the practice and principles of mindfulness. We’ll learn to meditate, learn how and why different types of meditation work in the ways that they do, and we’ll cover practices for bringing mindfulness into everyday life.
We will begin to see how the practice of mindfulness can bring greater freedom, ease and joy to our lives.
The course structure:
The course runs over 6 Wednesday evenings starting 14th September. Each session runs from 7 - 9pm.
Week 1: Slowing down - Learning to stabilise attention by bringing awareness back to present moment experience.
Week 2: Getting comfortable - Becoming more familiar with the experience of having a body, learning to find and release tension.
Week 3: Reducing reactivity - Shedding light on our unconscious reactions, and learning to lessen habits of reactivity.
Week 4: Feeling feelings - Becoming more aware of our emotional state in any given moment, and finding ways to ease difficult emotions.
Week 5: Tuning out the noise - Getting familiar with our mental habits, and learning to stop being so seduced by thoughts
Week 6: Getting warmer - Developing kindness, warmth and goodwill. To yourself, to others and to the pain in your back.
My meditation journey began over a decade ago, in an attempt to find some space from an incessantly busy mind.
Since then, meditation has grown to play many different roles in my lif: mental hygiene, self-therapy, spiritual practice, inquiry into the nature of experience, and a way to cultivate presence and compassion.
I aim to teach meditation in ways that reflect the diversity of ways of practicing and the diversity of personalities of meditators, while honouring the core principle of the path of meditation - to be here to experience life more fully and more freely.
I am inspired by many contemplative traditions and approaches - Buddhism, contemporary Mindfulness, and the Non-dual and Yogic traditions.
I’m a graduate of the Mindfulness Training Institute (https://www.mindfulnesstraininginstitute.com/). I recently spent a year and a half living at the Barn Retreat centre in Devon facilitating retreats.Read Less
- Personally tailored advice on starting or deepening your meditation practice
- Help finding the right way to meditate for you, based on your own particular psychological make up
- Recorded guided meditations from each week's session
- An understanding of what mindfulness is, what meditation is, and how they relate to each other
- A supportive group of fellow meditators to help you on your journey
This course is for you if:
- You have used mindfulness apps (Headspace, Calm etc) and would like to go deeper
- You would like to establish a regular meditation practice
- You would like to be more present
- You want to understand how stress and tension happen, and how they can be lessened
- You often find yourself in the fridge, but you’re not sure what you’re looking for
Book Your Spot£145 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event