- Brockley Road, SE4 2AG
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Now you have made a bodice block, but what on earth do you do with it now to make your own designs?
We'll show you!
This course is a great follow on from our beginners pattern cutting bodice course, or if you have made your own basic bodice block at home.
You can join if you haven't made your own bodice pattern previously, you will work from a standard size 10 bodice we will have pre-prepared. It might not fit you exactly - but you will still learn the pattern adapting skills, which is the most important thing.
What you'll need?
- Bring your bodice pattern you have made previously with you to the class.
- If you don't have one you will be provided with a standard size 10 block to use to work on the skills.
- All paper and calico to make toiles with will be provided.
Who is this workshop for?
Some sewing experience would be useful for this workshop, so you have a basic understanding of pattern shapes and you will be able to take away the pattern and make your item.
- How to adapt your bodice using dart manipulation.
- How to altering your neckline.
- How to draft a sleeve to fit your bodice.
- Cutting and slashing to add or take away volume.
- Lengthening and shortening pattern pieces.
This course will be useful if you just want to learn a bit more about adapting patterns to suit your style, even if you aren't drafting from scratch.
Being able to change patterns you already have can save you time and money as a home sewer!
Book Your Spot£85 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event