- Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4RL
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Taxidermy Class - Make your Own Stuffed Mouse.
The perfect quirky Christmas gift.
The Natural History Museum is one of London’s most popular destinations but what are the techniques that lie behind the preservation process that immortalised these animals for future study.
In this small class in Bloomsbury, you will be introduced to the processes and techniques behind basic taxidermy. You will learn how to skin, prep, preserve, mount and position a mouse. You can choose to mount it realistically or anthropomorphically (i.e. wearing clothes) and at the end of the day, you can take your stuffed creation home to occupy pride of place on your mantelpiece.
Please rest assured that all animals are ethically sourced and were not killed for the purpose of taxidermy. They are either salvaged from pest control firms or gamekeepers where they would otherwise have been discarded or some rodents were bred as feeder animals for snakes and lizards.
It is worth noting that the reptiles who eat these wouldn’t be able to survive if the feeder rodents weren’t commercially available. Unlike us omnivores the majority of the reptilian species don't have the option of being vegetarian.Read Less
- Taxidermy workshop taught by a master taxidermist
- An introduction to the processes and techniques behind basic taxidermy
- All materials to create your own taxidermy rat that you will be able to take home with you at the end of the day
- A selection of props and costumes will be available for those who wish to pursue the anthropomorphic approach to taxidermy
Book Your Spot£60 per adult, £35 per child (age 12-17)
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event