- Islington High Street, N1 8XX
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Learn about the importance of the Regent’s Canal and how its fortunes have changed over the centuries.
Join Susan, your qualified guide, for a 90 minute guided walk along this probably lesser known stretch of the canal. Hear about its history as an industrial area with slum housing. Find out how it has been rejuvenated over the last 20 years with boaters, tasteful canal side conversions, floating gardens, street art.
See where greats of the entertainment business Marie Lloyd and Alfred Hitchcock made their breakthrough. Finish your walk with some shopping or a bite to eat in vibrant Broadway Market. With high quality independent food shops, bookshops, pubs, restaurants and cafés, there is always a buzz and on Saturdays there’s a street market including street food to tickle everyone’s taste buds.Read Less
Explore Georgian Regent’s Canal on a lesser-known stretch from Islington to Hackney
- Authentic different walk on overlooked stretch of the Regent’s canal
- Get to know new places and the history behind them
- Ends at Hackney food market in time for lunch
- 90 mins linear walk
- Not step-free
- Start: Angel Tube Station, Islington
Book Your Spot£20 per adult, £15 per child (<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en-GB.funzing.order_widget.age">Age</span> 5-14)
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event