- Exact online details will be provided after booking
"Oh Apollo on your final day, with your solid balconies in fine array, I wish you could continue on. But the Council says you must be gone." Garry Roberts (Boomtown Rats)
Join me on a trip down memory lane as I share the story of one of the most famous venues for live music in history - the Glasgow Apollo.
Scott is the co-founder (with Andy Muir) of the Glasgow Apollo website which since its inception has received almost 30 million hits and lead to and supported multiple press articles, books, documentaries, poetry, a PhD and even a musical.
This event takes place on the 36th anniversary of the closure of the venue. Come on in and hear why it continues to be culturally relevant in Scotland and across the musical world.
David Coverdale (Deep Purple and Whitesnake) memories: "....are of the magnificent Apollo choir and that CRAZY stage, and I still proudly display my little statuettes from our sold-out shows there. Please send my best to your gang and thanks for the memories".Read Less
- A potted history of the Green's Playhouse and the Glasgow Apollo.
- Funny stories and myths about the Apollo.
- You will see never seen before and rare images and sounds from the venue.
- The conversation continues between the near 10,000 members of the Glasgow Apollo Facebook Group
Book Your Spot£12 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event