Dim Sum Talks |Surviving The Millennial Life Crisis
- Maiden Lane, London, WC2E 7NA
The Bane of Millennials: The 1/3 Life Crisis
How are you going to spend the rest of 2018? Doing the same things, the same way, with the same people, or do you know you need to change things up?
We've all witnessed the misfortune of the midlife crisis and many of us have personally experienced the quarter life version. The Gen Y Life Crisis is the current beast of disillusionment affecting those aged 27-35 in our work, relationships, expectations, and concept of fulfillment.
You've been in your career for five to ten years; you're bored, burnt out, looking for a change but feel stuck. Where do you start? How do you stomach starting again? Maybe you're dissatisfied in your current relationship and want to decide to end it or improve it; or perhaps you've channelled so much energy into your work that you're single and want a partner, but are bewildered about how to make it happen when online dating is a quagmire and you don't know if you can bear to face Tinder again.
- You've probably dabbled with yoga and given meditation a shot, but it's not quite giving you that je ne sais quoi.
- Your job and Instagram might look and sound great, but your experiences aren't quite matching up.
- The external ingredients for success and happiness are there, but it all seems a bit meaningless. Everything feels a bit grey and stagnant while being mega stressful at the same time - you somehow can never find the time and head space to do the things you really want to do.
-To top it off you're plagued by an inner monologue that whispers that you're a bit of an impostor and will never quite measure up.
The key sign of a Third Life Crisis is that your primary motivator has started to switch from achievement to fulfillment, but you're feeling clueless about what to do next... or what fulfillment even means.
You want peace of mind and a sense of meaning. You're restless, confused, and are hungry for direction. This talk is designed to take the edge off.
Using the latest research on relationships, happiness and the neuroscience of habits, happiness, and decision-making, you'll leave this talk with new insights, a clear map and lots of resources and practical exercises to support your plan of action. You'll get the knack of:
- Building new habits as quickly effectively as possible (clue: it doesn't magically happen after 21 days!)
- Connecting with people, socially and romantically, on an authentic level
- Designing a personal happiness and fulfillment formula
- Why you have to stop "shoulding" and how to do it
- Utilising appreciation over gratitude
- Mindfulness hacks for first time, never again, and experienced meditators
- Maximising your happy hormones
Venue: Ping Pong Dim Sum, Covent Garden
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
*Please see venue website for admission (age restrictions) or accessibility information. Our talks may be filmed for promotional purposes.
Dim Sum Talks are a brand new concept, taking our well known Funzing Talks events - and turning them into a dining experience with a difference. Alongside Ping Pong, we've pulled together an impressive array of leading intellectuals, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to inspire and re-invent your after work get togethers.
Alongside a fascinating talk from one of our top speakers, you will receive a 6 x dim sum platter exclusively put together by the culinary experts over at Ping Pong.
Delve into a totally new subject and challenge your perspectives with like-minded Londoners . Funzing has always encouraged you to do something different with your free time, so we say do just that - you never know where it may lead you!
Please note: this talk may be filmed for use as a short highlights video on Funzing.com & social media channels
- A selection of 6 x delicious Dim Sum
- High profile speaker
- Cool London venue
- Unique after-work event
Book Your Spot£22 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event