- Home >
- Culinary tours and workshops >
- Michelin Sushi Making Class
- Aldgate, LONDON, EC3A
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Never thought you could make your own sushi at home? Think again! Follow our chef Mayumi in this 2 hour class, you will learn exactly that! Not to mention, you will get to sit down and enjoy your sushi with a pairing drink, and take home all you make in class. Did we mention that chef Mayumi worked at a two Michelin stars restaurant in Tokyo as sous chef? She will teach you not only authentic sushi making skills, but also walk you through a taste of Japan experience.
What are the four types of Sushi?
Nigiri (without nori), Maki (rolled in nori), Temaki (handrolls), Uramaki (inside out rolls).
What kind of class is this?
This is a hands-on and fun-filled class! You will start from the basics! Chef Mayumi will show you how to do a few daily Japanese dishes just right, including making rice without a rice cooker, preparing sushi rice, making miso soup, making some healthy side dishes to balance your meal. What's more, you will learn from Mayumi how to curate your own Japanese pantry, and how to use the condiments for your everyday cooking.
Who is the chef?
Chef Mayumi is our expert Japanese chef with work experience at two Michelin stars restaurants in Tokyo and currently in London. With a mixed family background, Mayumi has rich knowledge in the taste profiles of Japanese, European and South American cuisines. Her understanding of food and her techniques with food will inspire you and take your kitchen skills to the next level.Read Less
What is the price?
Regular price: £79 / person
Soft launch special price: £59 / person
How long does it take?
- The estimated cooking time for the class is 1.5-2 hours.
- After class you will have time to enjoy the food in a separate dining area
What is included?
- A welcome soft drink at reception
- Make all the food on the menu in pair or group work
- Enjoy the food you cook and/or take home (please bring your own tupperware)
- A glass of wine or some Japanese sake with dinner
Who can join?
- All are welcome! The class is suitable for all levels.
- You will be working in pairs or groups in the class. Your teacher can pair you up, or ask your friend, family or partner to enjoy this special experience together!
Book Your Spot£59 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event