The Whitehall Walk
- London, SW1Y 5BG
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Have you ever wondered who really holds the reins of power in our society? Who are these people and how did they get there?
This walk will explore how a muddy swamp was transformed into the heart of a Government with power over a quarter of the world's landmass. From land grabbing empire to burning our European bridges, religious sanctuary to bustling metropolis Westminster has it all.
The stories of the people who made this happen will captivate and astound you but geographically; we won't travel very far. A loop through Whitehall and Parliament Square before taking the old royal gardens to Buckingham Palace.
Even if you know London, after this tour you will see it with fresh eyes.
- Expect to have a great time with an interesting and engaging tour guide.
- Discover new places like Duck Island Cottage, Horse Guards Museum and Thorney Island but also see favourites like Big Ben and the Westminster Abbey.
- Hear how Winston Churchill prepared to defend to the very end against a possible German invasion.
- Walk on the military parade ground where public punishments took place.
- Understand something of how the transition of power from Kings and Queens to the politicians led eventually to civil war and the abolition of the monarchy.
- Meet interesting people on a tour suitable for Londoners and visitors alike
- Get under the skin of Westminster with our Power and Politics Walk
Book Your Spot