- Exact online details will be provided after booking
You will learn how to:
- Knit with more challenging techniques
- Set up punch cards and learn how to use the various punch card functions on the knitting machine to knit, tuck, slip, weaving-in and fair isle designs
- Experiment with pre-punched cards to create texture in your work
- Create your own freehand punch card design
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental punch card swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors and accessories.
Suitable for: Knitters who have completed our Beginner’s Class or who already have a basic understanding of machine knitting skills and who want to expand their knowledge.
Duration of Class: 1.5 hours
Machines used: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tools, scissors, a set of pre punched cards for tuck, slip, fair isle and weaving-in patterns, blank punch cards, punch card clips and a puncher. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing punch card techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Book Your Spot£30 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event