Taxidermy Class - Make Your Own Stuffed Squirrel
- Park Avenue South, London, N8
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
The Natural History Museum is one of London’s most popular destinations but what are the techniques that lie behind the preservation process that immortalised these animals for future study?
In this small class in Bloomsbury, you will be introduced to the processes and techniques behind basic taxidermy. You will learn how to skin, prep, preserve, mount and position a squirrel.
You can choose to mount it realistically or anthropomorphically (i.e. wearing clothes) and at the end of the day, you can take your stuffed creation home to occupy pride of place on your mantelpiece.
Please rest assured that all squirrels are ethically sourced and were not killed for the purpose of taxidermy. They are either salvaged from pest control firms or gamekeepers where they would otherwise have been discarded.
- Taxidermy workshop taught by a master taxidermist
- An introduction to the processes and techniques behind basic taxidermy
- All materials to create your own taxidermy squirrel that you will be able to take home with you at the end of the day
- A selection of props and costumes will be available for those who wish to pursue the anthropomorphic approach to taxidermy
Book Your Spot£100 per adult, £70 per child
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event