- Park Road, London, NW8 7RG
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
If you've ever strolled around the outskirts of Regents Park you may have noticed the beautiful golden domed mosque which is the London Central Mosque. Perhaps you were intrigued by this awesome building but chances are you haven't had the chance to go inside. Well now we are proud to offer you that chance!
So many of us Londoners live in our own little bubble and we don't get to know anything outside of it. Caroline started SharedCity as a solution to this - offering anyone and everyone the unique chance to experience communities in London which they'd never otherwise have the opportunity to see or learn about. With Caroline and her team, you can now get deep inside the different minority communities which make up our multi-cultural city and experience the way they live, see their local hangouts and religious institutions and meet people from these communities.
On this tour you'll enjoy the hospitality of the London Muslim community and your tour guide, a local Muslim, will cover the following fascinating aspects of Islam, London Muslim life and the iconic Central London Mosque:
• A history of the mosque, architecture and community services.
• Tour of main prayer hall; discussions on design and space, what is different from other places of worship, significance of design features, prayer rituals and women’s prayer gallery.
• Visit to the Mosque's dedicated library; a look at the Quran, its features and structure.
• An exhibition that explains the nuts & bolts of Islam; the 5 pillars and 6 articles of faith, interfaith relationships, the Islamic Golden Age, the 3 holy sites of Islam, women in Islam and more.
The tour ends with a Q&A plus tea and cake (included in the ticket price). All SharedCity tours are small in size to allow for an authentic experience and the opportunity for questions and answers.Read Less
- Fascinating tour around one of London's most iconic religious institutions
- Learn all about Islam and the Muslim community in this area
- Questions & Answers
- Tea & cake
- Small, intimate group
Book Your Spot£12 per adult, £6 per child
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event