- Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1BY
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Our workshops combine east and west, ancient and contemporary
Teaching traditional art with modern concepts and techniques.
We are dedicated to increasing the public's entry into the art field, learning from different artists and art movements from different cultures, from east to west, ancient to contemporary, developing unique ideas through the conversation with one’s inner-self, and integrating art with life. We have various affordable art classes that allow everyone to learn art in a relaxing and pleasurable atmosphere.
In Western Art
- Acrylic Painting. Our various topics include ‘Learn from Art Masters’, ‘UV Painting’, ‘Botanical painting’, ‘Realistic Painting’ and ‘Abstraction painting’, We Let you learn the acrylic painting techniques through the different artists and art movements.
- Watercolour Painting. We provide regular watercolour painting workshops and watercolour botanical painting workshop every month. For those who want to improve their watercolour painting skills and concentrate on their studies.
- Other media like drawing and collage workshops are held as special events
In Eastern Art
- Japanese Painting Workshop is one of our most popular art workshops, in our Ukiyo-e painting workshop we discuss the compositions, colour palettes, themes and contents that reflect the 17th century Japanese daily life. And In the Rinpa painting workshop, we use the real gold leaves for decorate our paintings! Through our teacher’s demonstration and with her clear instruction, you will confidently build your own work.
- In Chinese Painting Workshops, we introduce both of the Gongbi (meticulous) and Freestyle (Ink and wash). There has various topics like Chinese landscapes (mountains, villages, waterfalls, oceans), botanicals, animals, figures and still life objects, etc.
We use the traditional paints that most of the pigments are made by natural plant or minerals. During the classes, you can also experience with bamboo brushes.
Recently we also bring some different media and traditional elements to the classes like linocut printmaking, paper and silk fans, Stretched silk with hoop and Chinese scrolls.
We encourage you to release your creativity and build your own style.It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or experienced, Our teacher gives the suggestion with regard to everyone individually, from colour mixing, drawing skills, painting techniques to conceptual discussion.
Book Your Spot£20 per adult, £20 per child
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event