- Poland Street, London, W1F 7ND
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Make your own ‘Bean Bag’ with Cecily Ophelia
Come along to this hands-on workshop with Cecily Ophelia, known for her ‘nutty’ creations which are entirely handcrafted out of entirely natural or recycled materials such as seeds, shells and nuts.
During this workshop you will learn how to make a beautiful handbag using a beading technique Cecily learnt from craftswomen in Uganda. The twist is beans are your beads! Not only will you learn an amazing beading technique, which can be translated to many different applications, you will also come away with an original bag entirely handcrafted from nature.
- All of the profits from the workshop will go directly into funding the projects Cecily is working on with Kanyogoa Mums in Kampala, Uganda, so they can continue to earn an income from their beautiful craftwork.
- Kanyogoa Mums group is an incredible group of women and single mothers from a large slum community in Kampala, who specialise in handcrafts as a way for them to earn an income and become financially independent.
- Cecily has been working with them over the past two years both teaching and learning from them. They helped her to hand crochet the pieces for her graduate collection and in return for financial support. She has been back since working on new projects.
Book Your Spot£18 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event