- Exact online details will be provided after booking
You'll learn how to:
- Use holding & short row knitting to develop three-dimensional knit structures, volume, shapes, and techniques in your work
- Knit cables using a double or triple prong transfer tool to cross your stitches
- Shape your work by using the single and double prong transfer tools to increase and decrease stitches and create shaping
- Use the lace carriage to transfer stitches onto needles for lace punch card patterns
- Add beading to your work using a latch tool to create beaded knitted fabrics
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors, accessories & trims.
Suitable for: Those who have completed our Intermediate Class or who have a good grounding in intermediate knitting and want to take their skills to the next level.
Duration of Class: 2.5 hours
Machines used: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881 & Lace Carriage.
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single, double and triple prong transfer tools, scissors, a lace carriage and knitting accessories suitable for your knitting machine, lace punch cards, punch card clips, beads and a beading tool which is a suitable size for the beads. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Book Your Spot£89 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event