Become a Dressmaker: Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5JT
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Fancy yourself as a dressmaker but have absolutely no experience? Well, we have the perfect solution!
Join Craig and the rest of the Fashion Box team for a workshop aimed at complete beginners providing a complete introduction into Pattern Cutting.
You will learn about blocks, starting with the skirt block, using all of the techniques to create your very own skirt block using your own measurements, which you'll get to take home.
We will then move onto how to manipulate this block into different styles, adding panels, adding flare.. once you have learnt these techniques, you will be able to create any skirt design you wish!
A really fantastic, professional introduction to the world of pattern cutting - one not to be missed for anyone with an interest in dressmaking or fashion design!
1. Learn Pattern cutting basics
2. Draft a skirt block to your measurements
3. Experiment adding flare, or adding panels.
Terms and conditions: 48hr cancellation policy
Doors close 15 minutes after the start time, and late comers will not be permitted, as we will be busy teaching and cannot leave machine users unsupervised.
We do not allow reschedules / refunds on the day of the booking or outside of the 48hr cancellation policy, or to late arrivals
If you cannot attend on the day, you are more than welcome to send someone
else in your place.
- Take home your paper pattern for your own skirt design!
- Fantastic introduction into pattern cutting
- Hints and tips from experts in fashion design and dressmaking
- Meet other creative people also interested in dress making
Book Your Spot£39 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event