Become a Dressmaker: Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5JT
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Fancy yourself as a fashion designer, but have absolutely no experience? Well, we have the perfect solution!
Join Craig and the rest of the Fashion Box team for a workshop aimed at complete beginners providing a bitesize introduction into pattern cutting.
You will learn about blocks, starting with the skirt block. Using all of the techniques to create your very own skirt block using your own personal measurements, for that perfect fit, which you'll get to take home.
We will then move onto how to manipulate this block into different styles, adding panels, adding flare.. once you have learnt these techniques, you will be able to create any skirt design you wish!
A really fantastic, professional introduction to the world of pattern cutting - one not to be missed for anyone with an interest in dressmaking or fashion design!
1. Taking measurements professionally
2. What is a block?
3. Recommended reading material
4. Drafting a skirt block
5. Transfering pattern to card
6. Slash and spread cutting technique
7. Pivot method to create flare
8. Creating style lines and panels
Students must have a basic understanding of mathematics for this workshop.Read Less
- Take home your paper pattern for your own skirt design!
- Fantastic introduction into pattern cutting
- Hints and tips from experts in fashion design and dressmaking
- Meet other creative people also interested in dress making
Book Your Spot£40 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event