Become a Dressmaker: Make a Fully Lined Skirt
- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5JT
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Why buy your skirts when you could make them yourself? Sounds difficult? Well, Craig will show you in this class that it really isn't rocket science! It’s, well, skirt-making, and it’s much more practical than anything else!
During this four hour class you’ll learn to assemble a fully lined, A-Line skirt and insert a zip. We advise taking the 'Intro to sewing' workshop before this class. Workshoppers must have used a sewing machine before.
Cottons, jaquards, wools, denim, linen
Lining: cotton or polyester
1. Understanding a commercial pattern (Burda 6342)
2. Placing the pattern on fabric and marking up
3. Sewing in linings
4. Sewing on a waistband
5. Sewing in an invisble zip
6. Professionaly finishing your garment
A = Waist 24"
B = Waist 26"
C = Waist 27.5"
D = Waist 29"
E = Waist 30.5"
F = Waist 32.25"
G = Waist 34"
H = Waist 36"
I = Waist 38"
J = Waist 40"
K = Waist 42"
Please make sure your size is available before booking. No pattern amendments are allowed in this workshop.
During the workshop we will show you how to cut out your skirts correctly, in your size, and give easy step by step instructions on the construction techniques needed for that professional finish!
Twirl off home in your homemade skirt!
- Take home your lovely creation
- Learn a brand new skill meaning you can make more skirts in future
- Meet other creative people who want to learn how to design and make their own clothes
Book Your Spot£65 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event