Beginners Sewing: Anyone Can Use a Sewing Machine
- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5JT
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Wanted to sew but have absolutely no idea where to start? Well fear no more - we have the perfect solution!
You can now extend your thread of knowledge with this sewing workshop for beginners. Join Craig and the rest of the Fashion Box team for this two-hour class offering an introduction to domestic sewing machines.
After getting to grips with threading, you'll also have the opportunity to explore different stitching techniques and seams, all with easy techniques provided by your fashion host.
During the second half of the workshop, we will focus on quilting techniquses. You will choose from a selection of fabrics to design and make your pot holder.
1. Understanding the sewing machine and its functions
2. Threading on your bobbin and inserting in the machine
3. Threading the top threads - tips on what can go wrong and how to rectify
4. Sewing with fabric for the first time
5. Backstitiching and securing your row of stitches
6. Experimenting with all the different stitch styles on your machine - and their uses
7. Sewing in straight line, around corners, around curves and spirals - using the foot control
8. Overlock / Zig-zag stitch to prep your fabrics for wearability
9. Sewing your first seam
10. Design and make your pot holder
Don't miss out on this fantastic introduction where you're sure to leave understanding the basics of using a sewing machine, and ready to tackle your first garment!
This workshop is also offered as a live online class on Funzing. All materials will be posted to you. To participate you must have your own sewing machineRead Less
- All machinery and materials provided
- Learn a brand new skill
- Leave with a basic understanding of an important skill on which you can build
- Meet other beginners in sewing
Book Your Spot£30 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event