- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5NH
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Here it is, our brand spanking new workshop, from our 'Design, Draft and Make' collection.
This is the perfect workshop if you want to learn all the fundamentals of creating a garment from scratch, made-to-measure. From drafting patterns to specific measurements, to designing, fabric sourcing and making up. The total package!
Our 'Design, Draft and Make' workshops focus on the following:
- Taking body measurements
- Drafting a skirt block to your own measurements
- Designing your bespoke skirt (concentrating on silhouette and design details)
- Creating a paper pattern from your block of your design
- Selecting the right fabrics and fastenings (fabric trip)
- Cutting out your garment correctly
- Marking and prepping your garment
- Interfacings and fastenings
- Sewing up your garment
For the morning session we will focus on body measurements and creating a block for your body shape. Making a toile / muslin of your block for fitting. We will have a group fitting so we can discuss various fit issues, should any arise.
In the afternoon we will focus on the skirt design you have in mind and Craig will teach you individually how to create the pattern for your specific design. (It is advisable to come with some visuals to present on day one.)
Once we have created our patterns, Craig will show you have to make a 'layplan'which will help you calculate how much fabric you need to buy for your design.
We will spend the morning fabric shopping at Walthamstow market, where Craig can show you the best fabric stores, and guide you in which fabrics and fastenings are best for your design. A great learning experience in fabrics and their qualities.
We will then return to the studio to cut out our garments, and prep them ready for sewing the following day.
Sewing day! we will spend the whole day constructing your designs, with the option of photographing your designs at the end of the day.
We will be changing the garment type in our 'Design, Draft and Make'workshops quarterly.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Everything is provided for this workshop. You will need to bring some money for fabric shopping.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION BEFORE I ATTEND?
No, just turn up on the day!
- Learn about design and making thsoe designs a reality
Book Your Spot£245 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event