Handmade Pottery for Beginners - Pinch Pots!
- Redcross Way, London, SE1
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
In this popular 2-part handmade pottery series with M.Y.O, you'll learn how to make pinch pots - no experience required and it's BYOB.
"I'd recommend this to anyone - from a beginner like me, to more experienced who is looking for a fun and relaxing experience" - Lipsheon
You'll mould earthenware clay, smooth it and paint it, ending up with 3-4 unique pinch pots of different shapes and sizes. They'll look great in your home or as a wonderful gift! The £80 covers both sessions.
The process is as follows:
Session 1: Mould earthenware clay into your basic shapes - feel free to experiment!
Session 2 - 1 week later: Allow your pinch pots to dry and then to come by again to smooth and paint. We have a wide variety of paints you can use on the ceramics. After it's painted, we will kiln fire it, glaze and then kiln fire it again (2nd firing) and ta da - done! Your pinch pots will then be made available for collection.
Sessions are spread over 2 consecutive weeks and always on the same day. Part 1 is 3 hours (starts at 6pm) and part 2 is 2.5 hours long (starts at 6.30pm).
You’ll have lots of fun, get your hands dirty, learn some nifty pinch pot techniques and feel the mindfulness effects of being creative while playing with clay - it is amazing!
#mycreativefix #madeatmyo #noexperiencerequired #BYOB #pinchpots #handmadepotteryRead Less
- A quick tour of the creative studio.
- Guidance by The M.Y.O team on how to make pinch pots by hand over 2 sessions.
- All the materials (for up to 3 pinch pots - earthenware clay), equipment (sponges, moulding tools, aprons, etc), paints, inspiration and guidance
- The event is also BYOB (bring your own alcohol / beer / wine), we’ll provide the glasses! We also have free tea and coffee if you prefer.
- Kiln firing of your pinch pots when shaped (1st firing) and glazing and kiln firing of your pinch pots when painted (2nd firing). After the 2nd firing 10 working days after the 2nd session, it will then be made available for collection or delivered for a small additional charge.
Book Your Spot£80 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 4 hrs before event