- Mare Street, London, E8 1HY
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
For International Women’s Day learn to embroider in the perfectly pink café Palm Vaults with textiles designer and founder of Embellished Talk Rebeckah Kemi Apara.
During the 2-hour workshop Rebeckah will teach you how to hand sew using DMC embroidery threads to decorate a tote bag (feel free to bring in your own item). As the workshop is a themed around International Women’s Day and you can embroider your favourite female song lyrics, quotes or work by artists like Frida Kahlo or Georgia O'Keeffe.
If you’re bringing in your own item cotton, denim, canvas or stiffer fabrics work best. The workshop’s aimed at beginners but all other levels are welcome and all sewing equipment will be provided.
Rebeckah graduated with a degree in Fashion Textiles at the London College of Fashion in 2007 and has since been perfecting her skills in hand embroidery and embellishments. She’s collaborated with GURLS TALK the platform founded by fashion model Adwoa Aboah. Previous workshops have taken place at WAH Nails, Boxpark, Ace Hotel, LFW Festival, Warehouse, Second Home, Anthropologie and in West Elm to help raise money for Girl Stole London.Read Less
- A goody bag of sewing treats to continue your new skills at home
- A cotton tote bag to work on during the workshop (or bring your own item)
- An opportunity to learn new skills in a beautiful setting that you can develop in your own time and add new personalised life to your clothes and/or interiors
Book Your Spot£55 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event