London Writers' Salon: Interviews w/ Top Writers
- Charlotte Road, London, EC2A 3DH
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Learn from top writers, make progress on your work, and connect with authors, novelists, bloggers, screenwriters, playwrights & poets in the heart of London's creative scene.
* * * * *London Writers' Salon is a monthly meetup for writers, built by writers.
✅ Expert interview with top writers
✅ Mini masterclass on writing and building a writing career
✅ Community of likeminded writers to hold you accountable to your work
Each month we bring together writers of all walks of life to help each other make progress on writing projects and writing career goals.
Each Writer's Salon features:
- Expert Interviews: Ask-me-anything conversations with top authors, bloggers, screenwriters, journalists, travellers, editors, publishers and agents on the artist’s journey and the art of building a successful writing career in the 21st century.
- Focused Writing: Group led writing exercises for you to apply directly to your work and make progress in the room.
- Community & Accountability: A community of fellow writers to hold you accountable to your writing goals and help you troubleshoot when you get stuck.
Whether you’re at the start of your writing journey or deep into a writing career, kicking off a new book or keeping up a blog – the London Writer's Salon is for you.
Mon 28th Oct: How to Write a Laugh-Out-Loud Bestseller w/ Funny Fiction Author Jenny Mclachlan
- Tue 1st Oct: Writing YA Books That Work: An ask-all interview w/ Penguin Editor Carmen McCullough
- Tue 27th Aug: Write & Read Poetry Like a Pro with Canadian award-winning novelist and poet Amal El-Mohrar
- Mon 29th July: Write Your Book without Quitting Your Day Job with Bec Evans, author of How to Have a Happy Hustle and cofounder of Prolifiko productivity app for writers.
- Mon 1st July: Writing For the Screen & Breaking Into Scriptwriting with BAFTA-nominated Selina Lim
- 29th May: Writing Memorable Characters w/ Luke Jennings, Creator of Killing Eve
- 1st May: Travel, Write & Find an Audience for your Work w/ Colin Wright, full-time traveler, podcaster and author of 30+ self-published books.
- 27th March: Becoming a Prolific Writer w/ psychological thriller author Neil Spring
- 11th February: Making a Living as an Author w/ Next of Kin screenwriter Natasha Narayan and MEL magazine European editor and journalist Hussein Kesvani.
- 21st January: Build Better Habits & Make 2019 The Year of Writing w/ writer / Quercus editor Niamh Mulvey.
- Matt Trinetti is a former IBM consultant turned writer, publisher, TEDx speaker and facilitator. For the last 5 years, Matt has designed and led career change programmes at Escape The City to help unfulfilled professionals pursue more creative work and reinvent their careers. In 2014, Matt published Stephen Markley's Tales of Iceland, a perennial seller on Amazon and in Iceland. Matt's writing has appeared in Quartz, Observer, Huffington Post, and on his blog GiveLiveExplore.com.
- Parul Bavishi is an editor and writing coach. She has worked with award-winning authors, first-time writers and everyone in between at Penguin Random House, Quercus (Hachette) and Cornerstones. She is the founder of Publishing Uncovered, an editorial services company and will be launching a podcast for writers later this month where she will interview colleagues from the publishing industry (agents, editors, writers) as well as experts from the self-publishing world Publishing Uncovered.
- Expert interview with successful authors, editors, bloggers, etc.
- Mini masterclass on writing and/or building a writing career
- Meet like-minded fellow writers on a similar journey
- Make progress on your writing projects
- Accountability and encouragement
Book Your Spot£19 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event