- 82 Redcross Way, London, United Kingdom
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
In this new 2 part handmade pottery series with M.Y.O, you'll learn how to make bowls, plates and pots using the techniques of slab and coil - no experience required and it's BYOB.
"I'd recommend this to anyone - from a beginner like me, to more experienced who is looking for a fun and relaxing experience" - Lipsheon
You'll mould earthenware clay, smooth it and paint it, ending up with 2-3 unique bowls, plates or pots of different shapes and sizes. They'll look great in your home or as a wonderful gift! The £65 covers the 2 sessions.
The process is as follows:
Session 1: Mould earthenware clay into your basic shapes using the techniques of slab and coil. After learning the basics, feel free to experiment!
Session 2 - 2 weeks later: Allow your bowls, plates and pots to dry and be kiln fired (first firing). Then come by again to decorate the now kiln fired items in colours of your choosing. We have a wide variety of paints you can use. After it's painted, we will glaze and then kiln fire it again (2nd firing) and ta da - done! Your handmade bowls, plates or pots will then be made available for collection or delivery.
Part 2 is 2 weeks after Part 1 at the same time.
If you end up not being able to make the 2nd session - we can figure out another time to do it, don't worry!
You’ll have lots of fun, get your hands dirty, learn some nifty pottery techniques and feel the mindfulness effects of being creative while playing with clay - it is amazing!
#mycreativefix #madeatmyo #noexperiencerequired #BYOB #slabandcoil #handmadepotteryRead Less
- A quick tour of the creative studio.
- Guidance on how to make slab and coil bowls and plates by hand.
- All the materials (for up to 3/4 items - slab and coil bowls and / or plates - earthenware clay), equipment (sponges, moulding tools, aprons, etc), paints, inspiration and guidance
- The event is also BYOB (bring your own alcohol / beer / wine), we’ll provide the glasses! We also have free tea and coffee if you prefer.
- Kiln firing of your items when shaped (1st firing) and glazing and kiln firing of your items when painted (2nd firing).
- Please allow 7-12 days after the 2nd session for your items to be glazed, kiln fired and be made available for collection.
Book Your Spot£65 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event