- Seven Sisters Road, London, N15 5NH
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Everyone's nemisis..... setting in sleeves!
We all seem to struggle with sleeves, therefore, we have created a new workshop, within our "Master" collection range, which will focus just on setting in the perfect sleeve.
We will begin by getting to grips with ease, and explaining why the sleeve is 'always' bigger than the armhole, and how we work with this, in our sewing techniques.
Craig, your host, has a host of techniques up his sleeve! (sorry!)
We will be concentrating on a tailored jacket sleeve, so Craig can teach you about the importance of prepping your sleeves first, with interfacing, for structure. But also how to sew in shoulder pads and sleevehead roll, for that crisp tailored finish.
During this 3 hour workshop, we will focus on the following:
1. Sleeve pattern Vs Bodice pattern - why the difference is measurements?
2. Ease explained
3. The importance of notches in sleeves
4. Cutting out
5. Interfacing - a must!
6. Sewing bodice
7. Sewing Sleeve
8. Prepping sleeve - dealing with ease
9. Setting in the sleeve
10. Stitching sleevehead roll and shoulder pads
Once you have mastered setting in a tailored sleeve, you will be able to use these techniques, at home, on all of your other projects.
Your understanding of sleeves will be top notch!
A must have skill!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Everything is provided for this workshop.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE INFORMATION BEFORE I ATTEND?
No, just turn up on the day!
- Specific sewing techniques
- Cutting techniques
- Learn with other fashionistas
Book Your Spot£40 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event