Find more Unique Tours, Crafty Workshops and Foodie Heaven Experiences near you only on Funzing! Try it now!
- Redcross Way, London, SE1 1HQ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Suitable for: Adults
This Funzing Experience:
In this new course designed by our in-house potter Lucia, you will learn pottery hand building techniques that will show you how to mould, attach and finish your very own earthernware tea pot (invento-ware) for you to take home or give as a gift. Your pieces will not only be functional, but sculptural forms in their own right!
The first class: will involve designing your piece, learning the specific building techniques to build all the parts of your teapot.
The second part, 1 week later (6.30-9pm): will involve attaching the pieces of your pottery together to make your teapot as well as adding texture and sculptural effects. Youll polish and perfect the shape before it is kiln fired in our studio
The third class, 1 week later (6.30-9pm): The finale! This session is all about painting your piece in the colours of your choosing. We have got 20 different colours to choose from and you will be shown some cool techniques to paint it! Afterwards we will glaze and kiln fire your pieces one last time ready for collection 10-14 working days later.
"I'd recommend this to anyone - from a beginner like me, to more experienced who is looking for a fun and relaxing experience" - Lipsheon
e.g. If you book onto the Wednesday 10th July session (6pm-9pm), the other 2 sessions will be on Wednesday 17th & 23rd July (6.30pm-9pm).
If you end up not being able to make a session - we can figure out another time to catch up or progress the piece ourselves, don't worry!
You’ll have lots of fun, get your hands dirty, learn some nifty techniques and feel the mindfulness effects of being creative while playing with clay - it is amazing!
#mycreativefix #madeatmyo #noexperiencerequired #BYOB #pinchpots #handmadepotteryRead Less
In this new course designed by our in-house potter Lucia, you will learn pottery hand building techniques that will show you how to mould, attach and finish your very own earthernware tea pot (invento-ware) for you to take home or give as a gift.... Read More
- A quick tour of the creative studio.
- All the materials for 1 teapot, equipment (sponges, moulding tools, aprons, etc), paints, inspiration and guidance you need. Don’t you worry!
- Opportunity to come back and re-shape your pieces at part 2..
- The event is also BYOB (bring your own alcohol / beer / wine) - so feel free to bring some. We’ll provide the glasses! There is also tea available.
- Glazing and kiln firing of your teapot when painted (after part 3). After the firing please allow 10 working for them to be ready to collect.
Book Your Spot£70 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event