- Exact online details will be provided after booking
In this workshop Craig will demystify the reading of a commercial pattern.
We have all been there, looking at a pattern envelope,
wondering where on earth we start!Read Less
In this ONLINE workshop via ZOOM, all the information you need to prep for the making of your garments, will be broken down into understandable tutorials, focusing on the following elements:
1. Styles variations available
2. Body measurements and sizing
3. Selecting the correct size
4. Do I need to make pattern adjustments?
5. Body measurements Vs finished garment measurements
6. Fabric consumption Vs width of fabric
7. Suitable fabrics - how do I choose a suitable fabric?
8. Stretch (knit) patterns Vs Woven patterns
9. Selecting a fabric with the correct amount of stretch
10. Notions / Haberdashery
11. Cutting your pattern to size
12. Marking and symbols
13. Layplans - laying the patterns on fabric
We have selected two patterns from the main distributors of patterns, one from Simplicity and one from McCalls, so you can learn to read all of this information from each.
You will recieve handouts containing all of the pattern information you will need for the class, so we can work together in real-time.
So, come along and bust the brainfog of using commercial patterns!
Depending on the size of the class, we will have a 10-15 minute Q&A session with Craig at the end of the class, should you wish to ask about particular patterns or advice.
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event