- Exact online details will be provided after booking
In this workshop Craig will demystify the reading of a commercial pattern.
We have all been there, looking at a pattern envelope, wondering where on earth we start!Read Less
ll the information you need to prep for the making of your garments, will be broken down into understandable tutorials, focusing on the following elements:
1. Styles variations available
2. Body measurements and sizing
3. Selecting the correct size
4. Do I need to make pattern adjustments?
5. Body measurements Vs finished garment measurements
6. Fabric consumption Vs width of fabric
7. Suitable fabrics - how do I choose a suitable fabric?
8. Stretch (knit) patterns Vs Woven patterns
9. Selecting a fabric with the correct amount of stretch
10. Notions / Haberdashery
11. Cutting your pattern to size
12. Marking and symbols
13. Layplans - laying the patterns on fabric
We have selected a 'New Look' pattern, from which we have created a handout for you to follow, so we can work together in real-time
Bust the brainfog of using commercial patterns!
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event