Find more Unique Tours, Crafty Workshops and Foodie Heaven Experiences near you only on Funzing! Try it now!
Dear customers, we want to let you know that all our offline experiences are currently taking place under the government's social distancing rules and guidelines and are updated regularly. At the same time, we continue uploading a wide range of online experiences to allow you to choose the experience that suits you best. See you at the next experience, Funzing Team.
- Crowndale Road, London, NW1 1TT
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Suitable for: Adults
This Funzing Experience:
A full screening of what is arguably the scariest film ever made - Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' starring Jack Nicholson in his most depraved and demonic performance, followed by a conversation led by a qualified psychiatrist. Wine and canapes included. So what is this film really about and why on earth do we even watch scary thrillers? Harley Street Psychiatrist, Broadcaster and Author Dr Raj Persaud will dissect the movie after the screening and engage the audience in a conversation, debate and even argument about the possible hidden meanings behind the enigmatic plot. So many conspiracy theories abound about what maverick director Stanley Kubrick intended the audience to take away from his masterpiece, that a separate documentary has been made to explain the film, entitled 'Room 237' and which focuses on obsessive fans of the film, 'The Shining'. So come along and watch the movie and then either watch the arguments unfold following the film, or take part, over a glass of wine and nibbles, as Psychiatrist Dr Raj Persaud unpeels the hidden layers of meaning surrounding this amazing movie. Read Less
A full screening of what is arguably the scariest film ever made - Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' starring Jack Nicholson in his most depraved and demonic performance, followed by a conversation led by a qualified psychiatrist. Wine and canapes i... Read More
- Full screening of the movie 'The Shining'.
- Wine and nibbles including canapes.
- A deeper understanding of hidden messages that may lie behind the surface of a film.
- A more thorough understanding of severe mental illness and how accurate the portrayals are by Hollywood.
- How psychiatrists, psychotherapists and psychologists work.
- How to handle people going through a nervous breakdown.
- What to do if you find yourself marooned in a remote location with a homicidal psychotic partner.
- Chance to meet like-minded people who are interested in psychoanalyzing movies as well as enjoying them.
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event