- Exact online details will be provided after booking
Wanted to sew but have absolutely no idea where to start? Is your machine giving you the heebejeebees?
Well fear no more - we have the perfect solution!
Starting to sew on a new sewing machine for the first time can be very daunting, and there are a lot of issues that can crop up that will stop your machine from sewing correctly.
Or you may want a little bit of knowledge and advice before you commit to selecting and buying a new sewing machine.
Therefore, The Fashion Box has created this new online workshop / seminar, to help you understand the basics, and get sewing trouble free!
Craig, your host will go through all the different dials and settings on a domestic sewing machine, and their uses and what to look for when purchasing a new sewing machine.
You do not have to have a machine to take part in this tutorial, you can just take part as a learning experience, if you are thinking of buying a sewing machine at a later date.
This informative seminar will give the basics needed to start you on your sewing journey. From the specific needles you need for each different fabric. Fabric choice, some are much more difficult to sew than others!
We will cover the following in the session:
1. Identifying all the different components on your machine
2. Accessories that come (as standard) with your machine
3. Choosing the right projects as a beginner
4. Questions to ask yourself before starting a project
5. Threading the machine correctly and safely
6. The rules for trouble free sewing
7. Perfect projects to help you practice
8. Stitch length function and its uses
9. Sewing your first seam
During the seminar, Craig will open the room for you to ask questions and help you with any issues you have with your sewing machines.
We would like this seminar to be as interactive as possible, so you all learn from each others questions.Read Less
1. Understand the functions of a sewing machine
2. Use all your accessories
3. Learn how to sew trouble free everytime!
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event