Try Your Hand at Wood Turning + Make Your Own Bowl
- Saint Paul's Crescent, London, NW1 9XZ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Let us introduce you to a different and absorbing new skill working with craftsman’s tools! In this one day course and without any previous experience you will make a small beautifully finished wooden bowl you can be proud of.
Our courses will be tutored by Terry Vaughan, a turner of long experience who regularly teaches individuals at his own studio in north London. He is a real enthusiast for bowl-making and you can see some of his work on his website, turnedwoodenbowls.co.uk where he also offers lots of information about woodturning.
Our bowl-making classes are suitable for complete beginners. We take a maximum of ten people per session. You will be working in pairs, one supporting the other, taking turns to complete each stage in the production of your own bowl. Terry demonstrates the method before each step, then you work at your own pace with his guidance and supervision.
You will be amazed at what you can do in six hours even if you have never handled woodworking tools before. Having shaped your bowl inside and out the colour and lustre of the chosen wood are brought out by high-speed but traditional finishing techniques. At the end of a busy and enjoyable day, you will have made something of form and beauty.
The day will begin at 10:30 and finish by 4:30pm. It is best to bring a packed lunch (as we don't have an official lunch break) and to wear clothes that wood chips won’t cling to or get inside. Long hair will need to be tied back. We have run more than 50 of these courses with many very positive reviews as you will see!
Individuals, couples and small groups are most welcome and past attendees have been a good mix of age, sex and experience
Full joining instructions will be e-mailed a few days before the course date.
So we thank you in advance for helping our cause!Read Less
- All guidance, equipment and wood is provided
- Tuition by a very experienced turner and trainer
- Feel free to bring your own packed lunch or you can buy sandwiches from a convenience store nearby
- Tea/coffee plus all the chocolate biscuits you can eat!
- Suitable for ages 16+ and able-bodied people only
- Your upper body will get sprayed with small wood chips but aprons will be provided
- We are very confident you will take home something you can be proud of!
Book Your Spot£80 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event