- London, EC3N 4DJ
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Join Chronicles Tours and explore the history of London's eastern fringe - the world surrounding, and beyond, the Roman wall. Starting and ending within the shadow of the famous Tower of London, hear tales ranging from the 2nd century AD up to the Second World War and beyond. Along the way, we will meet murderers and anarchists, and hear tales of executions and espionage.
It sounds fun, and it really is.
This tour lasts an hour and a half, starting at Tower Hill station (circle and district lines) and ends close to the same station.
- Unique walking tour in central London, focusing on sights and stories that other tours simply won't show you.
- Led by a passionate guide who is also a published author and experienced public speaker.
- Meet new people.
- Hear about the origins of the Tower of London, and some of the most notorious executions carried out within and outside its walls...then walk through the remaining Roman wall and into the 'East End', London's borderland. Hear about Jack the Ripper, the 'Black Death', and an attempted jewellery heist that went tragically, fatally wrong.
- See the church which Charles Dickens called 'St. Ghastly Grim', and the site where diarist Samuel Pepys worked during the time when he famously documented the plague of 1665 and the fire of 1666.
Book Your Spot£10 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event