City of London: Historic Pubs walking tour
- Fish Street Hill, London, EC4R
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
Explore the history of the City - from medieval bridges, historic markets, and war-scarred churches to Britain's first 'railway murder'.
Enjoy a drink in five specially selected pubs - starting within sight of the Monument to the Great Fire of London and ending at one which played a major part in rebuilding the City after the fire.
This tour lasts three hours, including stops at five pubs. The tour starts at Monument station (district and circle lines) and ends close to Mansion House station (district and circle lines) *
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – important information, please read before making a booking
* At present Chronicles Tours cannot guarantee that guests will be able to enter specific pubs. It is possible that one or more pubs may feel unable to allow customers entry during a tour, in which case your guide will endeavour to make alternative arrangements. In extreme circumstances, this may lead to tours with a reduced total duration and/or a reduced number of recommended pub visits or with recommended pub visits which differ from the advertised itinerary.
Chronicles Tours will only recommend pubs which have satisfied us that they are taking robust safety measures, however entering a premises remains the choice of individual customers.
We appreciate that during the current situation customers' plans may change through no fault of their own. Until further notice, all purchases of tour places will remain valid for a single attendance of the stated tour for a period of six months from the date of purchase.Read Less
- Unique walking tour in central London, focusing on sights and stories that other tours simply won't show you, led by a passionate guide who is also a published author and experienced public speaker.
- Meet new people.
- See a picturesque courtyard straight from the pages of Charles Dickens, and also the famous Bank of England - before learning about both its impressive security, and its resident ghost.
- Hear about the most beloved resident of a beautiful 600-year old market, and the surprising history of the City's first coffee shops.
- Please note that drinks are not included in the price of the tour and that no under 18s are permitted on this tour due to entrance into licensed premises.
Book Your Spot£15 per adult
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event