The Unmissable Treasures of the British Museum
- Museum Street, London, WC1A
- (Exact address will be provided after booking)
"Outstanding. Intelligent, articulate and friendly. You feel involved and inspired, not just led around. His British Museum tour is the only one you really need to do."
"Great way to spend a morning - an in-depth look at the Museum highlights with lots of interesting anecdotes. Highly recommended."
Discover the treasures of the British Museum - the finest collection in the world.
Every visitor to London should see the British Museum, but with tens of thousands of objects on display, just where do you start?
Discover the gems of the collection, starting with the treasures of the ancient world: mummies from Egypt from before the time of the Pharaohs, the mysterious Rosetta Stone, the all-powerful Rameses the Great, the exquisite carvings of the Assyrians, and the world-famous Parthenon Marbles - 2500 years old and still one of the crowning achievements of Western sculpture.
Then there are the stories of treasures found in Britain - from the bronze age Mold gold cape, Roman mosaics and silver, through to the Anglo-Saxons and to a priceless gold cup owned by Henry VIII.
You'll hear about the following things plus more:
- The Rosetta Stone - the most-visited object in the Museum, and the key to unlocking the language of ancient Egypt
- Mummies from ancient Egypt - and prehistoric England
- The monumental Winged Bulls from the ancient Assyrian city of Khorshabad
- The Lewis Chessmen - walrus ivory pieces that tell us so much about trade and society in the Middle Ages
- A Roman mosaic with the earliest known depiction of Christ ever found in Britain
- The face of Ozymandias, "king of kings"
- Anglo-Saxon treasures that make a nonsense of the term 'Dark Ages'
- The Parthenon Marbles, the sublime sculptures that decorated the temple of the Acropolis
- Plus, an exquisite medieval guitar, an Easter Island 'birdman' sculpture, 6th century Chinese buddhas, and more!
- Explore the British Museum
- Meet other curious Londoners
- Unique way to spend a Sunday morning
Book Your Spot£15 per adult, £12 per child
Tickets refundable up to 48 hrs before event